The Giver: Hidden Reflections

My class has finished reading The Giver. We wrote down our thoughts as we read and then we discussed them in class. When it came time to show what we learned, we decided that a plain book report was too easy. We challenged ourselves to come up with something creative. And BINGO! We thought of something different. Introducing Hidden Reflections…

My class worked in groups or alone to come up with different posters showing The Giver. The  poster shown is my Hidden Reflections poster. I had to be creative in displaying the story without giving anything away. Only the people who truly understood the book will be able to understand what the poster means. I want to challenge you to find the “hidden reflections” in the post. See how many you can find. To tell me what you found, comment below.

(*Hint: you may need to zoom in on the picture)

Want to see more posters from my class?

Then check out these links

http://pedroglca.edublogs.org/2017/03/23/the-giver/

2 thoughts on “The Giver: Hidden Reflections

• Dear Kyle,
      After our class finished reading the book, we watched the movie as well! It was a very interesting movie, but we thought that it was sad that they did not stay completely true to the book. The Giver is now one of my favorite books! I love the idea of changing the horrible world that they are living in into a world full of emotion. Did you find any of the hidden reflections in the poster?

-Olivia